Monday, July 10, 2017

On Language and Form



On language and form.

Sociological language is usually filled with latinised concepts and complicated sentence structures.  It is as if the use of ordinary words and sentences might decrease the trust in arguments and reasoning.  I detest that tradition.  So little of the sociology I am fond of needs technical terms and ornate sentences.  I write with my “favourite aunts” in mind, fantasy figures of ordinary people, sufficiently fond of me to give the text a try, but not to the extent of using terms and sentences made complicated to look scientific.

Nils Christie.
Crime Control As Industry 1994.
Routledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abstract

The Social Construction of Human Beings and Other Animals in Human-Nonhuman Relations. Welfarism and Rights: A Contemporary Sociologica...